About Our Program
- Is an independent, non-profit, peer assistance, advocacy, and monitoring program for nurses and nursing students.
- Provides information and guidance to any person who contacts our agency. Assists the nurse or student, family member, friend, employer, and nursing school with the procedure needed when there is a concern regarding impairment.
- Instructs employers and other professionals regarding the mandatory reporting requirement to the Board of Nursing.
- Completes a telephonic intake assessment with the nurse or student and makes arrangements for a professional evaluation with the appropriate treatment center or provider.
- Implements a monitoring contract for nurses and students who have been diagnosed with a substance use disorder or significant mental health disorder. This includes coordination with the treatment center, physicians, and employers.
- Monitors the nurse’s or student’s progress with treatment and compliance with contract obligations.
- Provides monitoring services to any nurse involved with the Professional Health Monitoring Program and the State Board of Nursing.
- Can assist a nurse with a suspended license in the reinstatement process.
- Can assist and support a nurse or student with criminal charges or convictions.
- Provides professional outreach and educational trainings to employers, nursing schools and professional nursing organizations regarding the mission of PNAP.